The ESSEC structure of governance comprises a Board, a Supervisory Board and a General Assembly.
Jean-Michel Blanquer has been the managing Director and Dean of the ESSEC Group since July 2013. He ensures the leadership of the institution and reports to the Board in his academic, legal and financial functions. The Board in turn reports to the Supervisory Board and the ESSEC Group General Assembly.
[[ gallery_1 ]]
The association, subject to the powers held by Supervisory Board, is administered by a Board composed of 5 members for a three-year mandate: two representatives of the CCI, Rémi de Badts, President of the Board and Pierre-Jean Baudey; a representative of the Association of ESSEC Group graduates, Jean-Luc Decornoy, and two qualified leading figures designated by the founding members of the general assembly (Member founders are the Institut catholique de Paris (Catholic Institute of Paris), the CCIV – today re-baptized the CCIP – and the ESSEC Group Alumni Association): Annick Schwebig and Pierre Grégory.
The members of the board are designated for three years. Their mandate is renewable. Members are designated by the general assembly following a presentation of the relevant bodies.
The Supervisory Board
The Supervisory Board has a mission to oversee the proper functioning of the ESSEC Group. It is currently presided over by Thierry Peugeot and is composed of 28 members: 6 representatives from the Chamber of Commerce and Industry Paris Ile-de-France region; 2 members of the Catholic Institute of Paris; 5 alumni; 1 member of the French association for small-to-medium enterprises (the CGPME); five members of the permanent faculty body including the Dean of Faculty (the 4 others being elected by their peers), 4 students; 2 members of the administration and 3 qualified leading figures.
The General Assembly
The General Assembly is composed of a representative of the CCIR, the president of the CCIR; a representative of the ESSEC Group Alumni Association, the president; a representative of the CGPME; the ESSEC Group Dean of Faculty and a representative of the Catholic Institute of Paris, the chief education officer, who presides over this body.
Senior Management and the Executive Committee
|Jean-Michel Blanquer has been the Managing Director of the ESSEC Group since 1st July 2013.
He holds a Doctor in Law from the Université Paris II, is a Teaching fellow in civil law, and also holds a Master’s in Philosophy and a specialised Master’s in Politics obtained at IEP de Paris. He was additionally a Special student at Harvard University.
Mr. Blanquer has held several administrative and scientific posts in French national education and higher education. A Lecturer in Civil Law at the University of Tours (1994-1996), professor of civil law at the Lille Institut of Political Studies then the University of Lille 2 (1996-1998), he became Director of the Institute of Latin American Higher Studies in 1998 at Université Paris 3. He occupied this post until 2004, when he was named Chief Education Officer for French Guyana. In October 2006, he became Deputy-Director of the cabinet for the Minister of Education, Higher Education, and Research. He was Chief Education Officer of the Académie de Créteil between 2007 and 2009 and became Director General of Secondary and Junior School Education from 2009 to 2012. He has also been the President of the Americas Institute since 2004. He is the author of numerous works and articles on constitutional law, the theory of law, education and Latin America as well as non-university publications.
Jean-Michel Blanquer is the holder of the distinguished honours of the French state, the Chevalier de la Légion d'honneur, the Chevalier de l'Ordre national du Mérite and the Commandeur des Palmes académiques.
The Executive Committee
|Vincenzo Esposito Vinzi, Dean of Faculty and Professor of Information Systems, Decision Sciences and Statistics Department (IDS).
- Ph.D. in Computational Statistics, University of Naples, Italy
- M.S. in Business and Economics, University of Naples “Federico II”
|Anne-Claire Pache, Dean of the Masters Programs at ESSEC and a Professor within the ESSEC Public and Private Policy Department. She is the holder of the ESSEC chair in Philanthropy.
- Co-founder of the ESSEC chair in Social Entrepreneurship
- Graduate in Master of Science in Management, ESSEC Business School (1994)
- Holds a Master of Public Administration (2001) from Harvard University John F. Kennedy School of Government
- Holds a Ph.D. in Organizational Behavior from INSEAD
|Thomas JeanJean, Director of Executive Education and Professor at ESSEC within the Accounting and Management Control Department
- Doctor in Accounting Sciences
- Holder of a teaching degree in economics and accounting, ITP (SDA Bocconi)
- Ex-student of the Ecole Normale Supérieure de Cachan
|Martine Bronner, Dean of ESSEC Asia Pacific campus in Singapore
- Graduated in Master of Science in Management, ESSEC Business School
- Holder of a Master in Economics, University Paris X
|Kevyn Yong, Academic Dean of the ESSEC Asia-Pacific campus in Singapore.
- Associate Professor of Management at ESSEC Business School
- Ph.D. in Management and Organizations from the S.C. Johnson School of Management at Cornell University
- Holds an undergraduate degrees in Psychology and Philosophy from the National University of Singapore and a Masters degree in Mind, Brain, and Education from Harvard University
|Jean-Pierre Choulet, Dean of Strategy and Development
- Graduated at Ecole Centrale Lille, France
- He joined ESSEC Business School in 1996 as Director of the Computer systems, having worked at the CEA (ATOMIC ENERGY COMMISSION) - CNRS (NATIONAL CENTER FOR SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH) and in the food-processing industry.
|Eric Delecourt, Dean of Internal Affairs
- Graduated of international and European law
- Former lawyer
|Flavien Consigli, Financial director of ESSEC Business School.
- Holder of a Master of management from the University Paris Dauphine (1976)
- Graduate of ESSEC Business School, General Management (MG09)
- Vincenzo Esposito Vinzi, Doyen des professeurs / Dean of faculty
- Radu Vranceanu, Vice-Doyen des professeurs / Associate dean of faculty
- Yan Li Vice-Doyenne Asie-Pacifique / Associate dean of faculty for ESSEC Asia-Pacific
- Paul André, Directeur de la recherche / Associate Dean for research
- Emmanuelle Le Nagard Vice-Doyenne en charge de la pédagogie / Associate dean for pedagogy
- Marie-Laure Djelic, Directrice du programme PhD/Associate dean for the PhD program